Very Close to Home

Very Close to Home
I-81, right in our backyard, is a road that has caused major habitat fragmentation specifically for the deer populations. Click on the image to see the 2014 statistics for deer caused accidents!

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Welcome to Our Blog!

         If you're reading this, you must be really interested in helping to bring awareness to the major effects of habitat fragmentation.Well, you've come to the right place! And because of this, now you're a Habitat Hero! (Hero for short)
         We, Haris, Dave, and Kensey, are your informants for all things fragmented. We can be known as the Superheroes. Although our focus point lies in Syracuse, New York, you can contribute anything you find, don't be shy! Here is a little information about your Superheroes to make you feel like part of the team:

My name is Haris Malik, , and I am an 18 year old undergraduate student at SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry, and I was born and raised in Upstate NY. My major at ESF is in biotechnology


Hey ladies and gentlemen! My name is Kensey and I'm 19 years old. I'm a biotechnology undergraduate at SUNY ESF with hopes of becoming a veterinarian. I have a dog, Cloud, who I love with all my heart and two older brothers who are okay. I was interested in this topic because I really want to raise awareness of the different groups of animals in Syracuse that are affected by Habitat Fragmentation. I hope you, my new Hero, will help us in our goal to get more people involved in finding solutions to this ever-present problem. 




Hello everyone I’m Dave Corey and I’m an E.S.F. freshmen from Albany, NY. I’m a Forestry major and enjoy spending time outdoors in the woods. My love for the outdoors is where I became very interested in habitat fragmentation. I wanted to explore just how devastating something as little as a two lane road could have an impact on the environment. Hopefully with collaboration between various experts, and you, the readers, we will be able to understand this topic much more deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment